Generally, schedule an appointment for an annual hearing test and routine 4-6 month maintenance and warranty checks to your hearing aids. Audiologists are here to help you with your hearing aids and hearing health.
Initial Hearing Aid Fitting Appointments and follow-ups during evaluation period:
- The hearing aid consultation the Audiologist goes over the process of purchasing the hearing aids that suit your life and lifestyle, pick out a style and technology levels of hearing aids
- At initial hearing aid fitting, aids are programmed, verified with real-ear measurements and orientation with use and care.
- Prior to your follow-up appointment, make notes and questions in regards to your hearing aids and what you have noticed since you have received These notes help the Audiologist understand your experience between appointments.
Routine Maintenance for hearing aids: (4-6 months after fitting)
- Routine hearing aid follow up appointment consists of identifying any problems or concerns with your hearing aids or your hearing health.
- Audiologists answer your questions and to make any adjustments necessary to your hearing aids, clean and check receivers, mics and verify programming (real-ear measurement)
- Otoscopic inspection to examine for wax or debris in ear canals.
- Electro-acoustic analysis
Audiologic Evaluations and Audiologic Follow-up Evaluations:
- Healthy adults ages 18-40, not experiencing hearing loss should have a hearing test every 3-5 years.
- Adults over 60, annual hearing testing regardless of experiencing symptoms.
- People who work or recreational activities in noisy environments (e.g., construction and manufacturing, concerts, hunting, riding motorcycles) its recommended annual audiologic evaluation.
- People with hearing loss, even if you have been diagnosed with hearing loss and wear hearing aids, it’s more important to have your hearing tested annually to monitor for changes and to provide program adjustments to current hearing aids
- Sudden Hearing loss promptly have your hearing tested (and see ENT)
- Tinnitus (ringing/noises in ears) have hearing tested promptly.
Dr. Brady and her staff are caring and professional. I highly recommend this practice.
The best Christmas or Hanukkah present anyone with hearing loss – no matter how minor – can give themselves is a visit to Horizon Audiology. Very smart, empathetic, never condescending treatment was bonus to the actual hearing device which changed my life.
I recently drove 3 hours to meet Dr. Brady and her staff. She is an amazing Doctor of Audiology and her office staff is truly caring. At her office you’ll find competent and caring professionals that will always answer your questions and give you the best recommendations. Dr. Brady looks at the full picture and does not overcharge her patients. I highly recommend Horizon Audiology.
Thanks for taking such excellent care of my husband whom you’ve taken on as a new client!
I have seen and worked with hundreds of audiology practices and Horizon Audiology is one the very best I have seen.